Had she told the doctors, they could've saved her baby's life.
A Utah mom is now serving prison time for “helping” her baby sleep. 27-year-old Courtney Nicole Howell pleaded guilty and is now serving up to 30 years for giving her fussy 17-month-old, Jaslynn Mansfield, an overdose of methadone, in hopes it would help her sleep. When the baby stopped breathing, Howell frantically called 911. The baby was rushed to Davis Hospital and Medical Center, where she later died.
Howell never mentioned that she had given the baby methadone to hospital officials. That information could’ve helped save the baby’s life. An autopsy showed that the baby girl died from Acute Methadone Toxicity.
In this sad case, the baby had no chance of making it.