Summer means fun in the sun and splashing in the pool, but those things can reek havoc on your lovely locks. There are easy steps you can take to protect your hair from chlorine and sun damage. Your skin isn’t the only thing you should be protecting this summer!
1. I’m so happy swim caps are fashionable again. There are lots of affordable swim caps on the market that are both functional and cute! Check out this one from Amazon.
2. Give your hair a treat while you swim.
3. Still want to get your hair wet?
4. I have dyed red hair which fades super fast. I protect it using a sun spray with UV filters, like this one from Aveda.
5. After your fun in the sun, shampoo your hair with a clarifying shampoo like Bumble & Bumble’s Sunday Shampoo or Pantene Pro-V Truly Natural Hair Clarifying Shampoo. Don’t forget the deep conditioner!
6. Chlorine dries out your hair and can make it brittle, allow your hair to air dry to prevent further damage. Let it air dry.
7. Don’t forget to get it trimmed every couple of months (depending on length). Cut off those dead ends and bring new life to your mane.
Want even more hair hacks? Then please SHARE this with your friends.
Keep your hair soft, shiny, and strong.